Friday, January 11, 2013

Can't Afford To Get Sick

Literally, I can't afford to get sick.  I don't like putting "my business" out there, but one of today's events is causing me to take the mask off!  My husband lost his job in October and to date this more than 30 year experienced Radiology Technologist has not found work.  We have had to appeal an unemployment compensation decision and in the process have lost somethings.  I suffer from hypertension so without insurance and VA Benefit having to go towards rent; guess what...no meds for me.  Well, with that said we applied for GA Medicaid for myself and our daughter; just to be told that because my husband has a VA Benefit I don't qualify for Medicaid.  What happened to quality of life?  I am saddened by this because I refuse to believe that the great number of Medicaid cases on file have incomes less than $389 a month.  Actually what I was told was that our income needs to be less that $200.00 a month.  Something somewhere is terribly wrong!

I'm sharing this, hoping it helps someone.  Since my husband lost his job and the turn of events that we have had a weak person would not be able to stand.  I believe our unwavering FAITH is seeing us through.  Romans 12:12 says "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."  With the flu epidemic being what it is in GA I have to keep this scripture in my heart.  I count my blessing and I thank God for life, keeping in mind someone somewhere doesn't have a roof over their head, so I am grateful.  I just feel something is wrong with the system;(

Until next post, Maximize LIFE to the fullest.

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment